Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Schnozberries Taste Like Schnozberries


Chocolate was the main topic during Kiernan's Valentine's Day telephone conversation with Sandi and Pap-Pap (will I ever settle on a spelling for that?). It seems that no household chocolate is ever safe when my father is around, and Sandi was warning Kiernan about that. Kiernan had mentioned that he'd received a little heart-shaped box of chocolate, and she was warning him that if he didn't eat it himself, Pap-Pap would help himself. He's slated for a visit to us in California in the next couple of weeks.

Kiernan took her warning in all seriousness, agreeing that he would be careful. Sandi proceeded to ask what kind of chocolate was Kiernan's favorite. She usually sends one of her homemade delicacies when my father comes out for a visit.

"I like light chocolate," Kiernan replied. He meant milk chocolate. I am an ardent lover of dark chocolate, and he wanted to make clear that his preference is NOT THAT.

Sandi took note of that fact and put Pap-Pap on the phone. My dad immediately started talking about Kiernan's Valentine's Day chocolate, asking if Kiernan would save some for him.

"Yes," Kiernan replied.

All of this is to set up what happened the next day, after Kiernan's nap.

I went into his room to get him when he woke up from his nap. He was in good spirits and I asked him what he dreamed about.

"I dreamed about sharing chocolate with Pap-Pap."

Well okay then. Mission accomplished I guess, huh Dad?


[Picture Note: Both pictures are from our November 2008 visit to Virginia. Kiernan and Pap-Pap look out over the York River.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent dreaming! I had the same dream! Wrote Pap-Pap.

Mitch Tobias said...

Kiernan,
Chocolate tastes like chocolate. But wait, you've got a point, dark chocolate does not taste like milk chocolate.
Love,
Uncle Mitch