Monday, February 09, 2009

Picture of This Day


At school, first thing this morning. Wearing overalls. Awhile ago Kiernan told his mom he was done with overalls. He didn't like them. So...no more overalls.

As regular readers know, we recently visited his cousin Dorian in Oakland. Dorian is a two-year-old, and he still wears overalls. Kiernan took note of this, asking why he didn't have any overalls.

"Because you said you didn't like them. So we didn't buy any for you when we got you new pants."

"I'm sad because you're never going to let me wear overalls again in my life." (This sort of dramatic proclamation is becoming a staple.)

Surprisingly enough, Kiernan stuck with his newfound interest in overalls, and when he went shopping with his mom one day, got a pair. He wears them now with pride.

I have to say I'm a little jealous. I wish I could carry off that look.


[With his friend Nicholas at school.]

February 9, 2009

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, he's dramatic? I wonder where he got that from?

Grance said...

How do you know you can't until you try? You carried off the nerdy FBI look so well I was sad when you abandoned it! I'm so glad to see him in overalls again - there are so many cool pockets to hide things. His grandma Gammy successfully hid lima beans in hers all through her pre-teens!

Anonymous said...

When we were in Colorado, we all wore overalls. K-Man is simply going back to his genetic roots.