Saturday, February 07, 2009

Picture of This Day


Kiernan insisted I take a picture of him with his Planet Heroes tonight. This happened after he saw the picture I have on the desktop of my little laptop, a picture of him with his Planet Heroes at Christmastime. He looked at the picture and noticed that Commander Sun and Rings and Tune were not in the picture, and he chastised me for having taken it. It was a great conversation in its temporal surreality.

Kiernan: Where are Commander Sun and Rings?

Me: You didn't have them yet.

Kiernan: Then why did you take the picture?

After some back and forth he demanded I take a new picture today. Clearly inclusion is important to this boy. So I he assembled the Planet Heroes and I took a few shots, and this one, with our cat Cali stepping into the shot, was the one that amused him the most.

February 7, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cali also knows the importance of inclusion.

Anonymous said...

"temporal surreality." Although I am, without a doubt, cool, I am definitely out of the loop on this word twosome.

K-Man makes perfectly good sense. For some people pictures are an editorial; for others they are a diary.