Sunday, January 23, 2011

Quote of This Day

This morning I heard Wendy laughing like crazy from another room where she was hanging out with Kiernan. The laughter went on for awhile, at volume, so I made my way over and asked.

Turns out they were making up knock-knock jokes, and Wendy's had gone over pretty well. Or so she thought. Until Kiernan said...

"That's not very funny, Mom."

"But you laughed at it," she replied.

"That was a pity laugh."

That was a pity laugh. This response is what elicited the laughter that called me into the room. How in the world does a six-year old come up with the term 'pity laugh'?  Why, by watching the best show in the world, Phineas and Ferb, of course.

See? The demon box is good for something.


January 23, 2011

P.S. My knock-knock joke about the recent visit of the president of China...not for this crowd apparently.

1 comment:

Mom/Nana said...

Pity laughs - it is a family tradition.