Thursday, January 13, 2011

Picture of This Day


I'm sure I have better shots of this, but I just cannot resist this picture, so I'm posting it.  Here Wendy captures Kiernan with the final product of his hugest Christmas present: the Lego Clone Turbo Tank that he got from Nana and Pop.  One thousand one hundred and forty-one pieces.

Yep.  You read that right.  1,141.

He got frustrated here and there.  He asked for help from time to time.  Now that I think about it, let me count up the number of times I actually had to come in and help him fit something together.  Hmm.  There was that thing with the wheels, where they couldn't fit because of an earlier issue.  And then there was fitting up the axles. I did two of those.  Also helping with the whatchamacallit...

Nevermind.  We helped with less than twenty pieces.  I think I can say that confidently.  Twenty pieces, out of 1,141.

I never got Legos before.  I do now.

2 comments:

Aunt Amy said...

Rich just read this with me. He said he is very excited about Legos and Star Wars with Quinn in the future. He also said you just stole my words out of the air and put them in a blog. "And since we're doing this, keep Kiernan away from that Episode 1-3 garbage," he continued. :)

xtien said...

Episode 1-3? What's that?

Never happened, far as I'm concerned.

-xtien