Thursday, June 26, 2008

Haiti on My Mind


The Murawski Family is on my mind, as today is their last full day in Haiti, where they've been for the last ten days on a mission trip. I've been keeping track of their progress through reading the blog about the trip. I can't tell you how thankful I am for that blog. Knowing they are safe and doing such great work has helped.

As they are on my mind in particular today I decided to post a couple of pictures of them. The top picture is another one of the shots Mason took when we were back in Virginia for Hope's wedding. I'll put up more of his shots--as well as promised wedding pictures--after I've sorted through them a bit more. I don't want to inundate everybody. The picture above, then, is Kiernan running with his friend Grace. I'm just crazy about this picture.

Next is a picture I took of Kiernan playing with Mason on the beach at Dad and Sandi's house on the York River. What I like about this picture--aside from its essential Abbey Road-ness, of course--is that it captures my brother and my boy playing a game they made up on the spot, a game I'll call The Arrow Game. Kiernan had been drawing planets in the sand--I know, big surprise--and Mason drew an arrow. Just like that Kiernan became interested in drawing arrows. So he would go off and draw an arrow in the sand and get Mason to find it. That was it. That was the game. And it held his attention for a good half hour or so. Nice.

In a previous post I talked about Kiernan going to visit Sandi's kindergarten class one day while we were in Virginia. I meant to post this picture, then, but I forgot, so it's going here. I like this shot of Sandi and my dad and Kiernan. I love how the Murawski boys are following the teacher's directions so well. Gives me a big smile whenever I see it.

Finally, for this post, here's a picture from that same day at school of Sandi and Dad reading to Kiernan in the classroom. I like this picture as it calls to mind a picture I took when Dad was last visiting us in California, and had gone with me to pick up Kiernan from school.

I think I'll put up more pictures from that day in another post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about your family and hope their trip was everything they hoped it to be. Hard not to ALSO mention the great photos of Kiernan & Murawskis. The prince has great genes all around. XO! G & G

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that the Murawskis are all back safe and sound. What an adventure! Thanks for sharing these great pix from Virginia.
Ames