Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Helping Hand

I'm still working on solving my little slide show conundrum (The Slideshow Conundrum...another of the lost novels of Robert Ludlum), but I had to share a little moment real quick.

I was just in Kiernan's room for the seventy-fifth time tonight. He should have been asleep awhile ago, but he's fighting it. I've done several water deliveries, a comprehensive full-body light tickle, as well as a couple fairly extensive Spider Patrols (more on that subject in a later post). I was on the verge of getting truly annoyed when, during my last water delivery, Kiernan very groggily said,
"Dad. I need help. I need help falling asleep."

My heart melted as he flopped down to his pillow, eyelids so heavy. I knelt beside his bed and stroked his hair. He was asleep in less than a minute.

Here's a Mason pic of Kiernan napping during our recent trip to Virginia.

4 comments:

Grance said...

Gosh,if that's all it takes, you could put some drug companies out of business. But I suspect that the love passing through your hand would never fit in a bottle! Now all I need to do is convince Gammy to work that magic on me as I toss restlessly around! Love Grance

Anonymous said...

Great picture by Mason. Why have my kids and now their kids always fought going to sleep? I think you have that family trait of not wanting to miss anything.

Anonymous said...

Oh honey I wish I was there with you!! That is so very very very sweet. Thanks for sharing and documenting these amazing moments we have with him!! ILY, W

Anonymous said...

I remember when Mason would say, "I can't find sleep." We used the "gentle rub at the bridge of the nose" routine to help him find sleep. Nothing is more special than these small moments. Thanks for sharing. Mason was pleased to see his picture posted.