Friday, June 13, 2008

Dinner Update

Tonight at dinner we had another cute little word-nerd conversation. It's a shorty, but I thought I'd share it.

Kiernan asked for one of his favorite sandwiches for dinner tonight: Peanut butter and Nutella. He has been on about wanting this for the last couple of days, so even though it basically amounts to giving him a Peanut Butter 'n Candy sandwich for dinner, I acquiesce. I make him a half sandwich of that, as well as a Gammy Special (jelly and cream cheese). I'm happy to have him eat the peanut butter, as his refusal to eat almost all meat has me a bit nervous about protein.

He is well into his pb&nutella when he looks at me thoughtfully and asks, "Daddy, what does 'often' mean?"

After a repeat I answer, "It means frequently."

I can almost detect a hint of sarcastic exasperation as he asks, "What does 'frequently' mean?"

I explain that it basically means 'a lot'.

He takes another bite, thinks for a moment, then says, "Daddy...I want you to make this for me more often."

I'm loving this, but is it any wonder my brain feels fried at the end of the day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the time you get to 40 years you get used to fried brains. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Awesome. A thoughtful statesman who orchestrates his thoughts before delivering them.
God, I love this kid. xo
Ames