Sunday, June 15, 2008

Duck Day Afternoon

Here's a second attempt at a slideshow.



This one was made using a website called Slide.com. I like that I have a bit more control here, but we'll see how it goes.

These pictures come from my dad's house in Virginia. Kiernan's grandmother Sandi is a kindergarten teacher, and every year her class goes through the process of caring for and hatching duck eggs. This spring's ducks arrived just in time for our visit.

The smaller duck, the one Kiernan is holding most of the time, is named Furrball. The bigger duck, Fairutopia. I have no idea how to spell that. Apparently it's a character from a Barbie movie. Looks like there are benefits to having a little boy.

On one day these two ducklings followed Kiernan and Sandi all the way around the house and up the driveway and back. I have video of that. I aspire one day to post video to this blog. I'm going to make a special request to all of you: don't hold your breath. It's taken me freaking years just to figure out picture posting.

Oh well. I'll get there.

In closing, I'd like to dedicate this little entry, and the pictures, to my dad, my stepmom Sandi, and my brother Mason. Tomorrow they embark on a ten day mission trip to Haiti, during which they will be doing all sorts of practical work for the community they'll be visiting. You can read about their upcoming adventure here. Please do send your positive thoughts and prayers their way over the coming days.

In the meantime, enjoy the ducks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute ducks and fun show, babe. I have to admit though it was a bit off-putting to not know when the show was "over". Since they were all similar, I think I watched it 4 times before realizing I had seen these before... I know, I'm not very quick. Anyway, my favorite is when he's looking up with his smug smile on his face. Beautiful! I love you both.