Monday, March 07, 2011

Quote of This Day


One of Monday's homework assignments is doing brainstorming for a story we'll write later in the week. This particular week's assignment is to write a story about doing something you like, and timing it by the clock, since last week they started really working on telling time and learning to estimate how long it takes to do certain tasks. Kiernan chose to brainstorm about the steps he takes to draw a Bionicle. I'm pleased by this, as it really is a cool process. I'll post more about it later.

He was totally into the brainstorming and we had a really good time working on this assignment together. In fact, there were no complaints at all and, I don't know, it just had such a good vibe to it. I expressed this to him, telling him how proud I was. At the end of this I said, "I'm just so happy about this and can't wait to see you write the story. I might write one about how much I love your Bionicle drawings too. I just have to say, kiddo, you've done a heckuva a job on this."

He got that mischievous twinkle in his eye, smiled, and said...

"I did a heckuva a job, Brownie."

I laughed for a good thirty seconds. Once again...that's my boy. He'll be hosting The Daily Show in no time.

2 comments:

Aunt Amy said...

OMG--that IS LOL funny!! I could almost see him and hear him saying it. BTW--Brownie? Is that from a movie or something?

xtien said...

Facepalm.

If you refuse to Google "heckuva job Brownie" I just don't know what to do with you. What are you busy with a real job and a baby or something?

:)

-xtien