Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Picture For This Day


At an indoor play place called Gummy the Bear. Yes, I want to punch the people who named it that, too.

You see Kiernan looking at a figure before him. A girl in purple. The first thing he said to me about her was, "I hate her! I hate that girl!"

Twenty minutes later and he's chasing her everywhere, playing with her happily for an hour...hour and a half. They would run around and around, going down slides and chasing each other, often taking a break--a moment to reflect perhaps--in the structure in the picture. The one marked 'Kitchen', as you can see.

Hmm. Surely there's no larger lesson to be gleaned from all of this.

No. Surely not.


Northridge, CA
January 2, 2010

3 comments:

Grance said...

Hmm. "I hate that girl. Too bad there's no ink well to put her hair into." (In my day our school desks had actual ink wells, which could be used to show such hatred for the opposite sex.) I think this whole exchange is really cool, and scary, too, in a growing up fast sort of way.

Wendy/Mom said...

Just so no one thinks KK said "I hate that girl" out of the blue, she did indeed PUSH him in order to garner that comment. So really, it was reciprocal.

Mom said...

Thanks Wendy. You answered my question just when I was trying to figure out the existential link.