Sunday, June 21, 2009

Picture For This Day

Today is Father's Day, and while I'm thinking of my own fathers, and, of course, my son, my mom's father in particular has been on my mind today.

I've been going through a lot of old boxes this week, trying to eliminate clutter and clean up. I came upon this picture from 1991. The occasion is commencement at William & Mary. The picture was taken by a reporter documenting the fact that my grandfather was going into the Old Guard (the fiftieth reunion of his graduating class) on the same day that I was graduating.

Williamsburg, VA
May 19, 1991

3 comments:

Hope said...

Thank you for posting this. Papa was on my mind a lot yesterday too. I missed both Grandfather and Papa tremendously.

Love you Bubba!

OH and Happy Belated Father's Day to you!

Mom/Nana said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I miss you all and how much I miss being able to watch KMan grow up. Seeing this picture of you and my dad makes me both cry and laugh. Cry because I miss that curmugeony man and laugh because you look so funny in that picture - kind of zombyish.

Wendy/Mom said...

I love that you posted this. I'm so glad Kiernan got to meet at least one of his great-grandparents. I'm happy he gets to meet Bubba, his great-grandmom soon too. Kiernan is also SO lucky to have 4 grandfathers (Grance, Granddaddy Jake, PapPap and Pop), 3 uncles (Mason, Thorsten, & Mitch), 2 Godfathers (Daniel & Darren), and the best Daddy in the whole wide world!! This child is BLESSED as far as positive male influences go. Now, when HE goes to W&M too (hee hee), let's make sure we get a photo of him with all the guys!