Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Sleep Song

Midnight trip to the restroom. I caution him to avoid tripping as he makes his way to the toilet, because many times when we make this trip he is asleep on his feet.

"I'm awake, Dad." He says this as if reassuring me. Letting me know any concerns I may have are unnecessary. He's got this. He looks at me to let me know he means it, and gives me a little smile.

Then, standing and doing his business he sings...

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.

I have no idea how he knows this song.

He sways a bit at he finishes, and then washes his hands and stumbles off to bed.

1 comment:

Wendy/Mom said...

That is HYSTERICAL!!!!!!! When did he learn that??? I don't think I taught it to him. Very very funny and oh so sweet! ILYB.