Friday, October 16, 2009

Picture For This Day


We had a couple of days of decent rain this week. So nice after all the heat. I really loved the change. Kiernan was annoyed by the rain, however, as it kept him from playing outside with his friend Oliver after school.

So yesterday I let him play for a long time with his friends, including a new friend named Mason from the room next to his class. The theme of this play session was Dinosaurs, Puddles, and Mud. What is it about boys and puddles? The moment a puddle appears a boy is sure to launch himself into it. Water goes everywhere. Then on the way to the car he complains that his feet are wet. "I'll need to take my shoes off when we get to the car. My feet are all squishy in them."

"Oh really? I wonder how that happened."

I can't believe I'm complaining about this.

At any rate, as I took this picture I was thinking that age old thought: "Boys will be boys." I shook my head, bemused. "You don't see any girls doing this," I thought with a sigh.

Moments later two girls from Kiernan's class, Lillie and Molly, walked by with Lillie's mom. They saw Kiernan and Oliver pouncing into the water puddle and immediately climbed down to see what was up. Before her mother could stop her Lillie leapt into the puddle, splashing water all over them. Kiernan howled with laughter.

Shows what I know.

October 15, 2009

No comments: