Thursday, September 23, 2010

Picture For This Day

Greetings from Popsicle Day!

Every Tuesday one of the grades sells popsicles after school as a fundraiser. Last year this was so much easier to patronize as Kindergarten gets out a half hour before the other grades at the school. First Grade, however, gets out with all the other elementary kids, so the line at the popsicle stand is much longer.

On this day we got to the front of the line only to find out they were out of fudgesicles. I'm not gonna lie, there were some tears. Kiernan was upset as well. As we walked away disappointed, one of the mothers who was helping by trying to sell farther down the line picked up on Kiernan's sadness and proclaimed that she had on fudgesicle left. As Kiernan hadn't opened his cherry popsicle yet, she suggested an even exchange.

Happiness ensued. Until we were walking to the car and he saw his best friend Oliver with a cherry popsicle. "I should have stayed with the red one," he confided to me.

Sigh.


Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Woodland Hills, CA

Hey, here's a silly bonus pic. As I tried to get a shot of him eating his after school treat (have to send pics to Wendy as she's out of town on a business trip, dontcha know), he started acting slippery. This is the shot I got, which he found hilarious...

1 comment:

Grance said...

I think I'd have stayed with the red one too, but I know how his mother would have voted! Even slippery he looks good.