Friday, December 26, 2008

Out and A'bat

Here's a couple of shots of Kiernan trying out his new tee-ball set on the day after Christmas.


Gammy and Grance gave him this cool little tee ball set. As today was a girls' spa day out, we assembled the set and set about learning how to use it.

When it comes to sports tutelage, Grance is a natural. I can say this from first-hand experience, as I have gone golfing with him many times. He is a natural at giving pointers and helping. Without ever getting in the way. I say this without sarcasm. I say, even that last sentence, without sarcasm. That one too. In fact, let me just institute a "no sarcasm" clause for this whole post. To include the sentence I just typed.

Phew. That was a close one.

Anyway, Grance immediately stepped in and helped Kiernan get his grip on the bat right and got him in the proper position. From there Kiernan's natural athletic ability took over, and he set about whacking the heck out of those baseballs. And, truth be told, out of the tee ball set itself. That's okay. He is learning. And let me just say, he's not just a reader, this kid. He can hit a baseball.


And, totally seriously, Grance was great with him. It was a beautiful thing to see.

2 comments:

Grance said...

First, the kid is truly a natural athlete - once he learned to keep the front hand low on the bat (not cross-handed, to be precise) he really stepped into the ball. It was cool to watch him finish in a neat, in balance pose as he watched the ball fly at his dad, the unsarcastic fielder! It was really cool and I know I said it already but I mean it - just great guy time with the three of us. Doesn't it sound better than the spa day the girls had? Grance

Anonymous said...

NO!

XO! Gammy