Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dog Logic

Okay, now for an actual short post. The last was was supposed to be short. But I lied.

A few days ago Kiernan and I were sitting outside having lunch. He likes to go outside and eat sometimes, no matter what the weather is like, and since we're trying to sell the house I'm happy to accommodate him. More meals outside means fewer times I have to vacuum. Cha-ching.

On the day in question, Kiernan wanted to hear characters from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. This was a rare day, as most of the time now we do the voices of his friends from school or the characters of the Hundred Acre Wood. But he was in a Mickey Mouse mood, so fine.

Mainly he wanted to hear Goofy. For some reason he likes my Goofy voice. It's terrible, you should know. Sort of a generic southern redneck goofball kind of voice, but he likes it. He even does a version of it himself, which is great.

He had me switch back and forth between being Goofy and Pluto for awhile, until he paused, thought for a second, and asked,

"Are Goofy and Pluto dogs?"

"Yes," I replied, feeling as though we were reenacting a scene from Stand By Me.

He then asked his marquee question:

"Do dogs stand up on two feet?"

And I was once again left with the task of trying to explain the animal hierarchy in Disney's world.

Thanks Walt.

3 comments:

Travel Pig said...

Honey - I'm sure Nee Nee (Kiernan's godmother who works for Disney) can clarify this for us all, but I'm fairly certain Pluto is considered a dog and Goofy is just considered a Goofy.

Anonymous said...

My favorite reply to this question is...Goofy has a better agent. But the company reply is that Pluto is a dog, a pet, etc. And Goofy is a "goof." There are other goofs who are seen in the world of Mickey and friends - "folks" who look like they're from the same species as Goofy.

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC. His mind is moving at warp speed. It is alarming. I cannot wait to see him again. Thanks for these little windows into Kiernan's development for those of us who are missing so much. I love you! Ames