Sunday, May 31, 2009

Picture For This Day


With some of his tee-ball teammates at the game on Saturday.

May 30, 2009


[Yep, that's a shopping cart in the background. Those of you who know me know how I love shopping carts in random spots in my neighborhood. You can make out its "owner" sitting on the bleachers in the right background. He's sitting with his {I assume} homeless pal, watching kids play baseball. I was sitting in front of them for a time, trying to decide whether to say something about their use of profanity at a tee-ball game for four year olds. But as they were speaking in conversational tones and no kids were in earshot, I decided not to. I was surprised by their conversation though. It was something out of a Steve Martin film. They were talking about the issue of celebrity. Discussing MTV's role and relating anecdotes. I kid you not.

Anyway, a little local color from the Winnetka Rec Center. Enjoy.]

No comments: