Monday, February 06, 2006

The Out of Towner

I was away last week in Park City, Utah at the Sundance Film Festival. This was the longest I have been away from Kiernan since his birth, and it was much harder than I would have imagined. Oh, I had a great time at the festival, watching new independent films all day and into the night and talking films with a group of really cool people at all moments in between. It was a blast. But man I missed my family. I have a much deeper respect for Wendy now. The business traveling she must do for our family is rewarding professionally, but it's also a lot harder than I realized. She's a trooper, that one.

While I was away, Kiernan's Gammy came into town from Arizona to lend a hand. Apparently they had a good time too. One day in particular Gammy and Wendy took Kiernan to a local petting zoo with a new friend of his, William. This is the second time he's gone to this little place, and he seems to love it. I'll post a couple pictures of his first visit when he had an...um...interesting encounter with a goat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christien...You really are such a good writer. I was cracking up throughout most of your commentary. Rich just said he would kick me out of our study room if I made him listen to me quoting you one more time. The pictures are great, but you really capture them so well. What wonderful memories for Kiernan to have when he gets older. Yay for you!! Miss you lots, and kiss K for me! Ames xo